Monday, March 11, 2013

Dark Eldar Retro Raider Redux Part 1!


"Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast. But most of all we ride them so that the slaughter may begin as soon as possible."

-Dariaq Bladetongue of the Pierced Eye




A blast of inspiratio hit me recently when I was look at old pictures of 3rd edition Dark Eldar. I realized that old raiders were not all that terrible, just outdated looking. 

So I decided to update 2 of them to match the current line. Below are pic of the first one.

Basically what I did was modify a new raider bottom to fit under an old raider. I swapped the weapons, crew and added some current kit detail like blades and trophy poles and you always can't have too many skulls on spikes.





















More to come in the near future!

5 comments:

  1. I must admit that when I saw on Dark City that you were looking for one of these, I couldn't really understand what use you hoped to get out of the old model. However, you've availed yourself of it beautifully, and the updates make it scarcely recognizable as the old model.

    WELL DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work, mate! A wonderful fusion of new and old - I definitely dig it. Looking forward to seeing it painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Can't wait to finish up the second one :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I start thinking of Corsairs when i see this one! How they mix Dark Eldar and Eldar. This could've been a squad that turned away from a battle and decided to join up with a corsair fleet. Thus they have an older design of the raider. kinda cool i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks really cool! Love the new blades and bottom, always thought the original was a bit plain somehow.
    I'm making a goblin airship out of mine :) http://ethelie.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/and-with-her-came-the-whole-of-the-worlds-tears/
    not selfpromote, but you might appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete